Barker Deconstructs a Typical NYT Disinformation Piece
* * *
* LET'S START WITH PARAGRAPH 1, SHALL WE?
The passion that ousted the heads of the University of Missouri after protests over racial discrimination on campus is spreading to other colleges across the country, turning traditional fall semesters into a period of intense focus on racial misunderstanding and whether activism stifles free speech.
* "PASSION...???" HOW'BOUT "SHEER IDIOCY?" HOW'BOUT CHILLING ATTACKS UPON FREE SPEECH AND A FREE MEDIA ACCOMPANIED BY THREATS OF VIOLENCE?"
* FOLKS... NOTE: "...PROTESTS OVER RACIAL DISCRIMINATION ON CAMPUS..."
* WHAT "RACIAL DISCRIMINATION?"
* FOLKS... NOTICE... THE NYT ONCE AGAIN PROMOTES A FALSE PREMISE WITH NO EVIDENCE TO BACK IT UP - WHILE PRESENTING ITS PROPAGANDA AS STRAIGHT NEWS REPORTING!
* OH... AND FOLKS... THE NYT DOUBLES DOWN WITH PARAGRAPH 2:
Hundreds of students demonstrated at Ithaca College in upstate New York on Wednesday, demanding the resignation of the college president, Tom Rochon, for what they said was his lackluster response to complaints of racial insensitivity on campus, including an episode in which two white male alumni on a panel called a black alumna a “savage,” after she said she had a “savage hunger” to succeed.
* NOW, FOLKS... I WANT YOU TO UTILIZE THE LINK PROVIDED UP ABOVE TO GO DIRECTLY TO THE NYT STORY. (AND IT TRULY IS A "STORY.") GO TO THE PARAGRAPH WHICH I JUST HIGHLIGHTED UP ABOVE AND FOLLOW THE LINK PROVIDED WITHIN THE PARAGRAPH TO WATCH THE VIDEO FOR YOURSELVES.
* FOLKS... HOW COULD ANY COMPETENT REPORTER - OR EDITOR WITH INTEGRITY - ALLOW THAT PARAGRAPH TO STAND AS WRITTEN? CLEARLY THE AUTHORS AND EDITOR KNOW THAT MOST READERS WILL SIMPLY READ THE ARTICLE - AND NOT FOLLOW THE LINKS PROVIDED. OBVIOUSLY THE GOAL IS TO GIVE THE AVERAGE READER THE FALSE IMPRESSION THAT "WHITE PEOPLE" ARE CALLING BLACKS "SAVAGES" WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF A RACIAL SLUR. (AGAIN... ACCESSING THE LINK WILL DEMONSTRATE THAT JUST THE OPPOSITE WAS THE ACTUAL CASE.)
* LET'S NOW SKIP STRAIGHT TO PARAGRAPH 5:
And at Yale, the campus is still in turmoil about an overheard “white girls only” remark at an off-campus fraternity party, and debating over whether students had a right to wear transgressive Halloween costumes.
* SERIOUSLY...?!?! AN "OVERHEARD" REMARK? NON-ATTRIBUTED? NOT CONFIRMED? AND THE NYT "REPORTS" THIS ABSENT EVEN THE USE OF THE WORD "ALLEGED?"
* FOLKS... THE MASK IS COMPLETELY OFF. THESE FOLKS DON'T EVEN TRY TO PRETEND THAT THEY'RE "REPORTERS" ANYMORE. THEY'RE "ACTIVISTS" THEMSELVES. NOTHING MORE.
* PARAGRAPH 7:
In New Haven, Aaron Z. Lewis, a 21-year-old senior at Yale, used to spend his days studying cognitive science and thinking about what he will do after graduation. Now he is devoting his time to protesting and writing about racial injustice, particularly for black women, on campus and elsewhere.
* SERIOUSLY...?!?! (HIS PARENTS MUST BE SO PROUD...)
(*SNORT FOLLOWED BY A SMIRK*)
* FOLKS... PAY ATTENTION... UNDERSTAND HOW THE MEDIA "PLAYS THE GAME" TODAY.
* AND, FOLKS... PONDER TODAY'S "HIGHER EDUCATION." THINK ABOUT TODAY'S... er... "STUDENTS." (MANY OF THEM AT LEAST...)