Friday, November 27, 2015

Bill Barker... Booster of the OLD Left...?



Er... in a way, I suppose...

(*WINK*)

OK, folks... ARLO GUTHRIE...


Wow...

Just...

WOW...

Folks... if you haven't seen it... for God's sake find when it's playing and watch it!

UNFRIGGIN'BELIEVABLE...!!!

Yeah... I was three... (as in three years old) when Guthrie Alice's Restaurant made its debut. Over the decades I've heard the song dozens of times. But, folks... this concert...

WOW...

Watch it with your family! With your kids! With your grandkids (if you've got any)!

It's not just a concert; it's... a spiritual journey back in time.

Yeah, yeah... this is indeed William R. Barker heaping praise upon an old hippie!

Ya know what, folks? I remember hippies. REAL hippies. Again... I was born in '62... had an older cousin who attended Woodstock...

(*SMILE*)

The hippie era lasted till... um... say '74... (So I was twelve when it ended!)

Folks... I hate the Left. But in those days... the Anti-War Left... at least they had some balls; at least they were willing to fight for what they believed in and suffer the consequences.

Anyway... shopping for Christmas... I'd certainly recommend at least considering a purchase of the DVD set. (Or the streaming rights; whatever works for you!) A present for yourself... or a present for someone you love...

(*SHRUG*)

"Moving." That's the word I'd use. And you know what, folks? Watching the concert together... different generations watching together... provides a damn good segue into some deep conversation - and consideration - of where this country has come from... and where it's heading.

No comments: