If I insult anyone with the following "stand-alone" newsbite...
* * * * *
A staggering $339 billion in total debt was added on just the first day after President Obama signed the budget agreement — the single largest hike in history.
* AND ALL TOLD...
The federal government has piled $462 billion onto the national credit card since Nov. 2 as the Treasury Department replenished its funds and began another round of borrowing to take it all the way into 2017.
* THIS IS PAUL RYAN... AND MITCH MCCONNELL... AND BARACK OBAMA... ALL ACTING IN CONCERT.
* FOLKS - THE MASK IS OFF. (AND STILL THE SHEEPLE BLEAT "GO TEAM!")
The debt has continued to rise...putting the National Debt on track to come close to the $20 trillion mark by the time President Obama leaves office in January 2017.
* AGAIN... WITH REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP ACTING IN CONCERT WITH PRESIDENT OBAMA AT NEAR EVERY TURN.
The government ran a deficit of $136 billion last month, up 12% compared with the previous October, as spending ballooned and taxes remained nearly flat. It was the worst October since 2010, when the government was still spending on the stimulus and was on pace for a deficit of more than $1 trillion that year.
* THIS IS WITH A DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENT AND A REPUBLICAN CONGRESS. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS?
* WOULD IT BE WORSE UNDER A DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENT WITH A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS? FRANKLY... AT THIS POINT... I CAN'T EVEN HAZARD A GUESS. BOTH PARTIES - BOTH PARTY LEADERSHIPS - ARE A CANCER PREYING UPON OUR ONCE GREAT NATION.
Despite the massive spread of red ink, the government has been getting away with small debt service payments because of historically low interest rates over the past several years.
But as rates rise, so will those payments — from about $220 billion a year now to $755 billion a year in a decade.
* SO IN OTHER WORDS, FOLKS, THOSE "SMALL" DEBT SERVICE PAYMENTS THE AUTHOR REFERS TO AMOUNT TO $220 BILLION A YEAR NOW. "SMALL." UH-HUH.
* DEAR LORD GOD ABOVE... SMITE THESE SCUM! I PRAY TO THEE!
Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky poked fellow candidate Sen. Marco Rubio for a tax and defense spending plan that Mr. Paul said would hike deficits by $1 trillion.
“As we go further and further into debt, we become less and less safe. This is the most important thing we’re going to talk about tonight,” Mr. Paul said. “Can you be for unlimited military spending, and say, ‘Oh, I’m going to make the country safe?’ No, we need a safe country, but, you know, we spend more on our military than the next 10 countries combined.”
* UNFORTUNATELY THE AVERAGE SHEEPLE - AND SADLY MANY OF YOU READING THIS - WILL HAPPILY MARCH TOWARDS THE CLIFF OF FINANCIAL DOOM CHANTING "USA! USA!" YEP... IF IT'S FOR "DEFENSE" THEN DAMN THE DEBT - FULL SPEED AHEAD!
* AGAIN... MORONS AMONG YOU... IDENTIFY YOURSELVES! RAISE YOUR HANDS! ALL OF YOU WHO CHEER WHEN SOME MANIPULATIVE NEOCON CALLS FOR MORE "DEFENSE" SPENDING - RAISE YOUR HANDS... IDENTIFY YOURSELVES... RESPOND TO MY CONTEMPT VIA ADDING COMMENTS TO THIS THREAD!
The government began bumping up against the debt limit in March and was borrowing from other funds — using “extraordinary measures” — to keep from breaching the $18.1 trillion level. Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew was able to stretch that borrowing through the end of October, when Congress passed a debt holiday lasting into March 2017, allowing him to borrow as much as "needed" to keep the federal government operating.
* AGAIN... FOLKS... EVERY MEMBER OF THE HOUSE AND SENATE WHO VOTED FOR THIS "DEBT HOLIDAY" SHOULD DIE! (LORD HEAR MY PRAYER!)
When Mr. Obama took office in 2009, total debt stood at $10.6 trillion.
* AND AGAIN... TO REITERATE: