The author of this Townhall piece is Jim Hanson, Executive Vice President of The Center for Security Policy. Mr. Hanson served in U.S. Army Special Forces and conducted Counter-Terrorism, Counter-Insurgency, and other operations in more than a dozen countries.
* * * * *
Hillary Clinton failed to provide proper security to the U.S. Consular facility in Benghazi, Libya before the attack on Sept. 11, 2012 and she failed to secure any rescue operations for the four Americans who eventually died there.
* YES. I KNOW! I'VE BEEN EXPLAINING THIS SINCE 2012!
Recently released watch logs from the State Department operations center show she made no official inquiries from 10:30 p.m. that night through 7:15 a.m. the following morning. That is a long time to be missing when a U.S. diplomatic facility is under attack.
* HER AND FRIGGIN' OBAMA; BOTH AWOL. BOTH DIRTBAGS. BOTH WITH BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS.
Why was no rescue effort mounted?
* PERHAPS HILLARY'S ANSWER WILL BE TO SCREECH, "WHAT DOES IT MATTER...?!?!"
That is the question that has been driving good people crazy since this happened.
* UNFORTUNATELY... THERE ARE VERY FEW "GOOD PEOPLE" AMONG THE AMERICAN SHEEPLE. MOST SIMPLY DON'T GIVE A DAMN. IT REALLY IS THAT SAD... AND THAT SIMPLE.
Every American manning a post anywhere on this entire planet has a right to believe the cavalry will ride to their rescue, or at least be launched toward them. That didn’t happen in this case and the blame lies with Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama directly.
* DUH! (I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS ALL ALONG!)
The horrifying thing is official government records show no involvement from either one after an initial consultation.
* NONE OF THIS IS NEW...
Hillary had an obligation to fight for all the support she could get for her people once she heard they were under attack.
* YOU MEAN... ONCE THE PHONE RANG AT 3:00 A.M.? (ACTUALLY... IT RANG MUCH EARLIER; CLINTON AND OBAMA WENT TO BED ANYWAY.)
The State Department watch logs should be full of notations like, “Secretary connected w/DoD ref lack of relief forces” and “Secretary connected w/ POTUS ref Benghazi rescue” but instead there is blank space.
* AGAIN... NONE OF THIS IS "NEW" INFORMATION. JUST RANDOMLY BROWSE MY BLOG POSTINGS FROM SEPTEMBER 11TH 2012 ONWARD...
She could not order the military to act, but she could damn sure have been lighting them up for failing to do so. That is leadership and she couldn’t even be bothered to answer that 3 a.m. call.
* FOLKS... IF YOU BELIEVE FOR ONE MOMENT THAT EITHER CLINTON OR OBAMA GIVES A DAMN ABOUT THE FATE OF ANY AMERICANS BESIDES THEMSELVES AND - PERHAPS - IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS... THEN YOU'RE LIVING IN A FANTASY LAND.
President Obama, however, could order the military to act and if you listen to the apologists he did so through Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta. The officer responsible for Libya was AFRICOM Commander Gen. Carter Ham and he confirmed that Secretary Panetta gave him orders.
“The Secretary of Defense gave me clear direction at the outset, you know, to deploy forces again in anticipation that the first mission was a potential hostage rescue of the U.S. Ambassador, recovering evacuation of the wounded, and other persons from Benghazi.”
But on February 7th, 2013, when Sec. Panetta testified to the Senate Armed Services Committee he had this exchange:
“Senator Lindsey Graham: My question is, did anybody leave any base anywhere to go to the aid of the people under attack in Benghazi, Libya, before the attack ended?
Secretary Leon Panetta: No, because the attack ended before they could get off the ground.”
* AGAIN... NONE OF THIS IS NEW.
* FOLKS... FEW GIVE A DAMN. IT'S THAT SIMPLE. HAPPY VETERANS DAY.
This makes no sense since the attack lasted more than eight hours and the order to deploy forces was given not long after it began.
* "DEPLOY FORCES..."
Are we to believe that no U.S. forces anywhere could have been sent toward the sound of gunfire? And it doesn’t matter if they could have gotten there in time, because no one knew how long this situation would last. The one thing you cannot recover is time, so the first thing to do is get people moving toward the fight. And yet, that is the one thing that did not happen.
* FOLKS... AGAIN... EVEN IF ACTUAL U.S. FORCES WEREN'T "IN RANGE"... SURELY ALLIED FORCES WERE. I DON'T GIVE A DAMN IF OBAMA HAD TO CALL THE ISRAELIS... OR OUR ARAB ALLIES... OR WHOEVER! THE FACT IS, NO CALLS FOR AID WERE MADE.
* AND... AS HANSON NOTES... TO REITERATE... OUR OWN "CAVALRY" WASN'T IMMEDIATELY ORDERED TO "CHARGE" AT THE MOMENT CLINTON AND OBAMA - AND PANETTA - FIRST WERE INFORMED THAT OUR CONSULATE WAS UNDER ATTACK.
Let’s try to reconcile that. There are a lot of things that have to happen for a military unit to respond to an emergency in a foreign land. The initial order from Panetta was to deploy forces in anticipation of a mission to rescue the folks in Benghazi.
* AGAIN WITH THIS "DEPLOY FORCES" NONSENSE.
In his testimony Gen. Ham confirmed that Sec. Panetta and Gen. Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, gave him operational control and authority to employ the units required. They were alerted and staged but never went wheels up en route to Libya.
* NEVER WENT WHEELS UP EN ROUTE TO LIBYA...!!!
We have heard there was no transport available or they weren’t ready until the battle was over, but if the closest units couldn’t launch, the next closest should have.
* YES. OBVIOUSLY! AND JUST AS OBVIOUSLY... OUR ALLIES... INDEED, EVEN THE RUSSIANS OR CHINESE IF THEY HAD FORCES IN THE AREA, SHOULD HAVE BEEN REQUESTED AS IMMEDIATE SUPPORT UNTIL WE COULD GET OUR OWN FORCES THERE!
* FOLKS... IMAGINE YOUR SPOUSE... OR YOUR CHILD... IS INVOLVED IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT HUNDREDS OF MILES FROM HOME. IMAGINE GETTING THE CALL. WHAT'S THE FIRST THING YOU DO BEFORE RUSHING TO THE SCENE (OR HOSPITAL) YOURSELF? YOU THINK... DO I HAVE A CLOSE RELATIVE OR FRIEND WHO LIVES NEARBY TO WHERE THE ACCIDENT OCCURRED? IF THE ANSWER IS "YES," DON'T YOU CALL THAT PERSON AND ASK THEM TO "RESPOND" IN YOUR STEAD TILL YOU CAN GET THERE PERSONALLY? I KNOW THIS IS WHAT I WOULD DO - INDEED I'VE DONE IT!
The cavalry was called, but never sent out the gates to ride to the rescue.
If Ham really was told to do what was necessary to save our people, he would have had some unit from somewhere moving.
* YEP. JUST COMMON SENSE, FOLKS...
So either he didn’t want to do that, or was not authorized to do more than alert and stage the units.
Does anyone really believe that President Obama would have left the decision to launch an armed attack into a foreign country to a lone General? He held six months worth of meetings before making the gutsy call to approve a raid on bin Laden.
Gen. Ham didn’t launch those units toward Libya because he needed approval from up the food chain to do so. That order never came.