* * *
The Turkish government said its military shot down a Russian jet fighter along the Syrian border on Tuesday...
Two Turkish F-16s shot down the jet fighter after it crossed into Turkish airspace and ignored 10 warnings in five minutes to return to Syrian airspace, according to the Turkish military.
* OK. SO... NOT "ALONG," BUT RATHER "AFTER IT CROSSED INTO TURKISH AIRSPACE..."
* IF THE RUSSIAN PLANE VIOLATED TURKISH AIRSPACE THEN... OK...
Russia’s military said the pilots never crossed the border into Turkey.
* DID IT - OR DID IT NOT? THAT IS THE QUESTION...
“It is a very serious incident,” said Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov, according to Russia’s Interfax news agency. Moscow knew the aircraft was “certainly” in Syrian airspace, he said, according to the Interfax news agency.
* EITHER THE RUSSIANS ARE TELLING THE TRUTH... OR THEY'RE NOT. SEEMS TO ME THAT WE WOULD KNOW. (SATELLITE TRACKING... ALL OUR HIGH-TECH MONITORING...)
The Turkish military released a map showing what it said was the flight of the jet as it apparently crossed into Turkey over Hatay Province, which abuts northern Syria.
* CAN THE TRUTH BE ASCERTAINED ONE WAY OR THE OTHER? (THAT WOULD BE GOOD!)
The jet fighter crashed inside Syria...
* HMM... IF IT WAS IN TURKISH AIRSPACE... SHOULDN'T IT HAVE CRASHED INSIDE TURKEY?
The Turkish military said it repeatedly warned the jet that it was within 15 kilometers (9 miles) of Turkey’s border and tracked the plane as it crossed into Turkish airspace.
* BOTTOM LINE... FROM JUST THIS STORY... WE HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING WHICH SIDE IS TELLING THE TRUTH.