Friggin' sleezebags at CNBC...
* * *
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump warned that he would force Apple, the U.S.'s most profitable company, to manufacture all of its products in the U.S. if he is elected president in November 2016.
* WELL... I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU "FORCE" THEM... BUT "BIG PICTURE"... GO, TRUMP, GO!
Technology blog Gizmodo reports that during a speech at Liberty University in Virginia late Monday, the frontrunner for the GOP ticket said, "We're going to get Apple to build their damn computers and things in this country instead of in other countries."
* AH... SO THE VERY FIRST LINE OF THE CNBC PIECE IS A LIE. "FORCE" WASN'T THE WORD USED.
(*JUST SHAKING MY HEAD*)
Apple currently only manufactures its Mac Pro computers in the U.S., while most of its other products, including the iPhone, are made in China.
* APPLE SUCKS!
The company's chief executive, Tim Cook, recently told CBS' 60 Minutes program that the U.S. tax code is "awful for America."
* TRUE. BUT APPARENTLY SO IS APPLE'S BUSINESS MODEL!
During his 45-minute speech on Martin Luther King day, Trump also claimed to support free trade yet insisted he'd impose a 35% tax on businesses producing goods overseas, including Ford cars that are produced in Mexico.
* MORE ATTEMPTED MANIPULATION OF THE READER BY CNBC. THERE IS NO "FREE" TRADE BETWEEN NON-FREE-MARKET NATIONS AND FREE-MARKET NATIONS. (AND FRANKLY... EVEN AMERICA - MODERN AMERICA - ISN'T TRULY A "FREE-MARKET" NATION; SURELY WE ALL UNDERSTAND THIS?)
CNET reports that the GOP candidate and billionaire businessman said American companies should not be free to manufacture wherever they choose.
* Hmm... BASED ON THE TRACK RECORD OF THIS REPORTER SO FAR... I'M GUESSING IT'S NOT QUITE THAT SIMPLE...
"Free trade is good. But we have to do it [force them back to the U.S.]. Or we won't have a country left," said Trump.
* THE BRACKETS INDICATE TO ME THAT THIS LINE - FORCE THEM BACK TO THE U.S. - IS A CNBC LINE... NOT THE ACTUAL TRUMP LINE.
Trump's campaign for the Republican nomination has been full of controversial ideas, with comments on Mexican immigrants, mosques, Muslims and refugees, among others.
* BIASED MUCH?! ("FULL OF CONTROVERSIAL IDEAS...")