Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Thoughts on the Boston Bombings...


First of all, folks, the reason I'm only commenting today instead of having commented yesterday is because I believe it's worth waiting until I have at least a somewhat firm grasp of something prior to opining.

Frankly... I'm not sure we're even there yet... but here goes.

I'm reading in the AP that "at least 25 to 30 people have at least one leg missing, or an ankle missing, or two legs missing."

Well... if this is true than I'm shocked, surprised, and indeed horrified by the scale of the damage.

Here's the thing, though: Even today... a day later... I'm not sure this report can be trusted.

What's that old media cliche? "If it bleeds, it leads."

I watched the same video the rest of you did, yesterday. I watched it time and time again. Did you folks notice that the flags outside the hotel weren't even shredded?

Two dead? A tragedy! But another 9/11...? Hardly. 

So... with "only" two dead... the media pumps up the casualty figures... classifies "shaken up" as being "wounded" and classifies "looked at" as "treated." Call me a cynic... but is my cynicism well-founded? I suppose we'll find out over the next few days.

Frankly, this doesn't come across to me as a "professional" terrorist attack. This was a "soft target" and yet... two dead... not twenty dead... not 120 dead... not 200 dead...?

Anyway... we'll see! It's not like this story is gonna fad away... you, know, like Benghazi.

And, hey... President Obama has promised justice... 

(Hey... remind me... when is the Fort Hood Shooter supposed to finally go on trial...???)


No comments: