Friday, February 12, 2016

Bill and the Great Coup Attempt of 1979


I'm sitting here blogging and listening to Rush, and Rush is talking about how the Democrats don't care about immigrants... what they care about is immigrant votes going to Democrats once the immigrants are granted citizenship. (And often before...)

Rush is right of course...

Listening reminds me of my (aborted) coup attempt to take over the presidency of our high school debate club back in my junior year...

(*GUFFAW*)

 What I did was...

(*STILL LAUGHING*)

I tried to pack the voter pool.

There were no bylaws actually defining who a "member" of the club was; no actual "acceptance" or "rejection" policy for membership...

(*STILL FRIGGIN' LAUGHING*)

So I just grabbed a few "general" friends and asked them to show up for the vote and vote for me!

I won...

(*PREENING*)

But the club adviser nullified (illegally!) (*GRIN*) the vote and so a senior was elected... by one vote.

(*GNASHING MY TEETH AT THE MEMORY*)

(*NOW GRINNING*)

Anyway... I got to be president the next year... my senior year... so all's well that ended well.

Just... sharing a typical "Bill" story.

(*WINK*)

 

No comments: