Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Post Election Day...


I...

WAS...

WRONG...

Romney lost. He lost fairly big. So much for my pre-election prediction of a 53%-47% Romney victory.

I never watch election results as they're coming in on election night; I tuned in at around 10:30 p.m. to get a sense of what was happening and then after tossing and turning for the next three hours went to the living room to turn on the TV only to find that my worst fear had been realized.

How do I explain it? Simply! America has passed the tipping point. There are more of "them" than there are of "us."

Listen... folks... this wasn't my attitude after Clinton beat Pappy Bush in '92. (I voted for Perot that year!)

Nor was it my reaction when Clinton won re-election in '96.

NOR was it my reaction when Obama trounced McCain (I voted for Bob Barr in that one!) last time around.

Nope... the Clinton victories were understandable... even Obama's 2008 victory was to be expected - which I did.

Last night, however...

(*SIGH*)

Last night marked the end of the American Dream. 

(*PURSED LIPS*)

It was one thing in 2008 for the candidate of "Hope and Change" to beat tired, old, phony John McCain. But to have the candidate of the Obama record over the past four years win another four years to double down on the very policies which have hurt America... which - best portrayal - simply haven't worked... 

(*SHRUG*)

If that doesn't mark a tipping point where a majority of the American People can rightfully be identified as the inmates running the asylum... well... then what does it mark?

I'm going to continue these thoughts in my next posting, but for now... well... I just want to acknowledge that...

I...

WAS...

WRONG.

No comments: