Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Dominatrix and the Used Car Salesman


Thank God so few undecided American voters watch these damn political conventions...

Mary and I are tennis fans. We've been watching the U.S. Open. But just as we turned to Convention coverage last night to catch Mrs. Romney and Gov. Christie, tonight I've been channel surfing keeping one eye on live Convention coverage.

First off... Rick Santorum was being interviewed and for good or ill he was giving an honest reaction to what he's seen of the Convention so far. Needless to say... his reaction seemed to echo mine... to echo Rush Limbaugh's... to echo Mark Levin's. Namely... Santorum wasn't exactly enthusiastic.

A short time later (about 20 minutes ago; the springboard for this particular post in fact) I switched again from Open coverage (Maria Sharapova was kicking ass) to the Convention and lo and behold... there's the state Attorney General of Florida teamed up with some little guy (some no-name Florida congressman) doing a comedy routine (not on purpose, unfortunately) centering around asking the crowd to respond "No!" to a series of questions regarding "do we want another four years of Obama doing A-B-C...?"

(*SIGH*)

Folk... in case you didn't see it... these two clowns kept on stepping on the "No's" - which by the end of the "routine" were clearly being just shouted out so as to stick to the script.

(*PURSED LIPS*)

Oh... my "Dominatrix" crack...? Google what I'm talking about and tell me that in the outfit Blondi was wearing the Florida AG didn't look like... well...

(*SIGH*)

And in case you haven't connected the dots yet... yeah... the "used car salesman" was the Florida AG's "co-presenter," the aforementioned Florida congressman.

So far, folks... what I've witnessed of the Romney Convention... not good.

1 comment:

William R. Barker said...

OK.

Thank GOD...

Paul Ryan did a fine job.

Of course I have my quibbles... (I always have my quibbles!)... but his was the sort of speech I'd been waiting for.

(The little lady who spoke before he did... she was pretty good too. Condi... didn't thrill me to be perfectly honest - which I always endeavor to be.)