And I had to read this in the pages of a foreign newspaper...
Three members of America's special operations forces were killed by a member of the Afghan police in the country's Helmand province this morning.
An Afghan police commander opened fire on the three Americans after inviting them to dinner at his outpost under the pretext of having a meeting to discuss security.
Another service member was injured in the ambush in southern Afghanistan, which is the third deadly attack on coalition forces this week.
Also Friday, "NATO" said another "coalition service member" died after an insurgent attack in southern Afghanistan.
It gave no further details.
* IT GAVE NO FURTHER DETAILS. WHY? DOES ANYONE BELIEVE THEY DON'T KNOW IF THIS "COALITION SERVICE MEMBER" WAS AN AMERICAN OR NOT? THIS IS BULLSHIT! AND THIS ADMINISTRATION AND IT'S LAPDOG MEDIA (NOTE - THIS IS A U.K. MAIL REPORT) DELIBERATELY DELAY REPORTING AMERICAN DEATH FOR AS LONG AS THEY CAN HOPING THAT BY THE TIME ANOTHER AMERICAN'S DEATH IS REPORTED THE STORY WILL BE ON PAGE 14 INSTEAD OF ON PAGE 1. DISGUSTING! REPREHENSIBLE!
The death brings to 19 the number of "coalition troops" killed in Afghanistan this month.
* AND FOR WHAT...??? FOR NOTHING - THAT'S WHAT.
And elsewhere in Helmand province Friday, six Afghan civilians were killed when their car hit a roadside bomb, one of thousands planted by insurgents across the volatile region. Helmand police official Mohammad Ismail Khan said the bomb killed three children, two women and a man.
(*JUST SHAKING MY HEAD*)
On Tuesday, two gunmen wearing Afghan army uniforms killed a U.S. soldier and wounded two others in Paktia province in the east.
On Wednesday, suicide bombers killed three members of a "NATO" patrol in eastern Afghanistan.
* AGAIN WITH THIS "NATO" PATROL OBSCURATION!
And on Thursday, two Afghan soldiers tried to gun down a group of "NATO" troops outside a military base in eastern Afghanistan.
* WHAT'S IT GONNA TAKE, FOLKS... WHAT'S IT GONNA FUCKING TAKE...?!?!
This year has seen a rising number of so-called 'green-on-blue' attacks in which Afghan security forces, or insurgents disguised in their uniforms, kill their U.S. or NATO partners. So far this year, 30 coalition troops have been killed in 20 such attacks. That compares with 11 fatal attacks and 20 deaths the previous year.
In 2007 and 2008 there was a combined total of four attacks and four deaths.
* YOU'RE AWARE, FOLKS, I HOPE, THAT THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION HAS STRAIGHT-JACKETED OUR TROOPS WITH EVER-TIGHTENING "RULES OF ENGAGEMENT." YOU'VE JUST BEEN INFORMED OF THE RESULTS.
The U.S. government identified the four Americans killed earlier in the week. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton's statement said USAID foreign service officer Ragaei Abdelfattah, three "coalition service members" and an Afghan civilian were killed. A State Department diplomat was injured.
* THREE... AMERICAN... SOLDIERS! NOT "COALITION SERVICE MEMBERS." AMERICANS! THREE A*M*E*R*I*C*A*N*S!
The Defense Department identified the three troops killed in Kunar as Air Force Maj. Walter D. Gray, of Conyers, Ga.; Army Maj. Thomas E. Kennedy, of West Point, N.Y.; and Command Sgt. Maj. Kevin J. Griffin, of Laramie, Wyo.
* JEEZUS CHRIST... WEST POINT... 12 MILES FROM MY HOME.