Saturday, August 18, 2012

Bill Annoys People... People Annoy Bill


OK... you folks know how I hate stupidity, right?

(*SIGH*)

So today I'm at the gym... since it's Saturday Mary and I went together.

Mary has one of her classes on Saturdays (Zumba, I think), taught by a girl named "Noa."

(Foreigner... Eastern European... nice girl, Mary tells me...)

So, anyway... you know me... I say "that's a man's name!"

So... I have this in my head as I check-in at the front desk and start making the usual small talk with the chicks there. I volunteer (loudly... yeah... this is me after all) that while my wife is a big fan of Noa, the girls just gonna have to change her name. I tell the girls, "Yeah... I'm thinking 'Noel' - a nice girls name... plus... it reminds me of Christmas and... who doesn't like Christmas?!

So, anyway... the girls at the counter are used to me... they know my "act".. they're humoring me...

Then a fellow gym goer chimes in!

(No... not in a nasty way... she was playing along to an extent... but...)

Anyway, she pipes up that "Noa" is a nice name! I reply... "Yeah... for an old guy with a white beard who builds arks for a living!" 

(*GRIN*)

Then I throw in... "Plus... like I said... Noel reminds me of Christmas... and who doesn't like Christmas?!"

Well...

(*SIGH*)

Here we go...

(*DRUM ROLL*)

This chick replies, "Well... I'm Jewish..."

(*ROLLING MY EYES*)

So what do you suppose I reply? (Com'on... guess!) (No...! Not that...! Shame on you...!)

I reply, "Er... hon... Noah and the Ark... OLD Testament..."

(*PAUSE*)

At first this poor chick had no friggin' idea what I was talking about...

(*JUST ROLLING MY EYES*)

I continued, "Noah...? The Jewish guy? Worked for God? Jehovah? YOUR God...???"

(*GRIN*)

Anyway... she "got" it then and appeared a bit sheepish... so I took mercy upon her and with a rousing "Ho! Ho! Ho! - MERRY CHRISTMAS!" headed for the locker room.

Folks... only I could get into a "conversation" like this at a friggin' gym.

(*CHUCKLE*)


No comments: