Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Politically Incorrect Bill Strikes Again!


So... I'm walking into the gym yesterday...

I notice a poster/sign taped up at the entrance notifying members that there will be no child care offered on Sunday, April 8th.

Hmm... Sunday, April 8th...

HEY! THAT'S EASTER SUNDAY...?!?!

What the hell are these people doing staying open on Easter Sunday...?!?!

So you know me...

(*CHUCKLE*)

I march right up to the front desk where there are three staffers and a few members and in a semi-roar demand, "What the hell are you people doing staying open on EASTER...?!?! It's DISRESPECTFUL...!!!"

Everyone turns and looks at me.

For a second... SILENCE.

And then one of the staff says to me with this sincere "America 2012" look, "Well... not everyone celebrates Easter."

Without missing a frigg'n beat I stare right in his eyes and reply, "Who gives a crap?!"

(Jeezus, folks... can you imagine how many times someone would have taken a poke at me were I not a manly 6'4"?)

(*RUEFUL CHUCKLE*)

Ya know, though... one of the staff gals who was watching this performance couldn't keep the grin off her face.

(*NOD*)

Folks... seriously... it's frigg'n EASTER SUNDAY...!!! 

SHUT THE FRIGG'N GYM and let all employees have a day of rest regardless of their religious conviction - or lack there of!

Ya know what, folks? I have no problem with the gyms and other businesses in Kiryas Joel or New Square or Williamsburg, Brooklyn remaining open on Easter... but for Christs sake... (no pun intended!)... can we not "get a grip" and return to some minimum standard of national sanity and show some damned respect for the culture - including religion - that this nation was built upon?

God have mercy upon this once great nation...

No comments: