Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Not that Many People Watch CNN, but...


I watch CNN once in awhile. Not often... but once in awhile.

Indeed, I'll be tuning to CNN after tonight's SOTU Address; apparently (according to Rush Limbaugh) CNN is the only television news outlet planning to carry Michele Bachman's "Tea Party" response to the presidential address, which the Minnesota Congresswoman will be delivering live directly following Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan's official GOP response.

(But back to CNN and why I rarely lend them my viewership...)

This morning "Hank" had to see the "doctor." (Turns out he needs a new power steering pump; on order; warranty work.)

While waiting for Hank to be seen and examined I hung out in the customer waiting area reading my book while the TV played in the background.

My ears perked up when I heard one of the CNN anchors babbling about ObamaCare.

Next thing you know I'm just shaking my head muttering "frigg'n liar" as the CNN spinmeister "explained" that yes... "according to the CBO, ObamaCare is a federal budget boon."

(*SNORT*)

Well, folks... I just came upon a typically reasonable and informative op-ed by Gov. Pete DuPont which originally ran in yesterday's Wall Street Journal.

Allow me to highlight some key facts which have been highlighted ad nauseum here at Barker's Newsbites but which apparently bear repeating:

Excerpting from Gov. DuPont's op-ed... "The bill contains 10 years of higher taxes - on earned and investment income beginning in 2013 - to fund only six years of subsidies. It double-counts $398 billion of Medicare savings and adds 32 million more people to government health-care coverage, while claiming implausibly to reduce the federal deficit at the same time."

You want more...? O.K.!

Continuing to excerpt... "[ObamaCare's] projections are false: The Medicare actuary says 375,000 people should have already signed up for the new high risk pools for the uninsured, but only 8,000 have. In the state of New Hampshire the government has spent nearly double the $650,000 that the federal government allotted to help run the program, and yet only about 80 members have signed up for the program. In a recent survey by the Physicians Foundation, 60% of private practice doctors say the law will force them to close their practices or restrict them to certain patients."

Now I already knew all this prior to reading DuPont's op-ed.

Most of you reading this will find the examples cited familiar.

These truths and many others have been highlighted time and time again via my Newsbites.

Are we really to believe that CNN - the "original" American cable news network and still the one you're most likely to find being broadcast abroad as "American news" - is unaware of real truth concerning ObamaCare's flawed cost projections...???

I think not.

Do you suppose news of all the various ObamaCare waivers has somehow escaped the notice of the fine folks at CNN? (It's a safe bet that these waivers - 222 so far; 1.5 million individuals exempted - effect cost/savings projections made prior to the waivers being granted... right...???)

Folks... sorry if some of you feel I'm beating a dead horse here... but it can't be overstated how biased and indeed corrupt large segments of the mainstream media are. You know damned well that the anchor I saw lying about ObamaCare's costs (supposed "savings") knew damn well he was lying. He just didn't care. To many people... many powerful people in positions of influence and authority... the ends will always justify the means.

Keep on tuning in to Barker's Newsbites, folks!

I'm here for you... and I won't lie to you.

No comments: