Tuesday, January 25, 2011

God Bless Michele Bachmann


Wow...

I mean... WOW...!!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First off, let me say that I have yet to watch President Obama's SOTUA.

A confession: Rather than watch the President's speech tonight... (*PAUSE*)... I was at the movies watching "The King's Speech."

(Hey... what can I tell you... Tuesday is "bargain night" - all seats $6.25)

On the drive home I started to listen to the President's speech but almost immediately thought better of coming in at the middle while also missing the visual context. Rest assured, I'll watch the speech tomorrow morning... and then comment.

I arrived home in time to catch the President's autograph tour as he was leaving the Capital Building...

Both Sinatra and Elvis knew better than to get caught up in "post show" mob scenes...

I did watch Paul Ryan's official GOP response to the Presidential Address.

(*PAUSE*)

Ryan did fine. He came across as a bit stiff, but the message definitely came through that he and the GOP have got the message regarding the deficit and ever-expanding national debt.

And then...

(*DRUM ROLL PLEASE*)

There was Michele Bachmann.

Com'on, folks... grand slam home run over the wall into the parking lot...

(*TRIGGER CAR ALARM*)

The charts...

The specificity...

The dead on honest analysis...

I've gotta say, folks... I couldn't have done better myself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh it was DEFINITELY a home run, the crazy eyes, the easily debunked talking points, the never once looking in the right Camera, and the brilliant renaming of Iwo Jima as Ewwa Jamma!

Michelle Bachmann is the greatest gift to the Democratic Party since Watergate.

William R. Barker said...

Insightful commentary, Anonymous!

(*CHUCKLE*)

Critique the style; ignore the substance.

(*SARCASTIC CLAP-CLAP-CLAP*)

I love you "anonymous" posters. Kinda reflects your inner weasel.

How'bout name and town...?

(*SNORT*) (*SMIRK*)

Anyway... thanks for posting. (Seriously! Thanks!) At least you're taking a step in the right direction.

(Hey, Rob... er... I mean "Anonymous"... note how on my blog even silly anonymous comments are left on "the board" to speak for themselves?)

(*WINK*) (*SMILE*)

BILL

* Oh... and back to substance; I'll be critiquing Obama's address later today on separate post(s).

Right now I'm about a quarter of the way through it.