Wednesday, January 26, 2011

N*gger This, N*gger That...


I don't wanna get my blog taken down by the blog host so I'm showing... er... "discretion"... with the title of this post.

I was just outside chipping away the remaining ice under and around Hank so that after the big snowstorm I'll be able to get into the car without falling on my ass and also so that Hank can get out to the street with no trouble tomorrow.

For the second day in a row some damned fool across the street is blasting explicit rap music with his windows open to "entertain" the neighborhood.

Yep... N*gger this... N*gger that...

Ho this... Ho that...


...and so on and so forth.

(*SMIRK*)

What the frig is wrong with people...?!?!

"People." I use the word loosely...

Hey, folks... before anyone goes off on me for my "racist" statement or "tone," let me remind you... I haven't identified the race of the... er... "offender."

So as not to leave anyone in suspense, we are in fact talking about a guy... a black guy.

(I caught a glimpse of the guy gazing out his window yesterday - yesterday when my ears were first assaulted by this... er... anti-social "urban poetry." When the guy caught me looking up and staring at him yesterday, though, he had the common decency to turn down the volume so that he was no longer "serenading" me and random passersby.)

(*JUST SHAKING MY HEAD*)

Hey... my point in even bringing up "ethnicity" is to preface that if we were talking about the heir to the god-damned British Throne - or a Nordic princess - I'd be just as pissed off and disgusted.

(When I say "I use the term people loosely" I'm referring to behavior - not color... not ethnicity... not religion...)

I haven't called the cops yet. Hopefully it won't come to that. I did address the issue with a representative of our development's management company. We'll see what happens.

Why not simple "handle" it myself? Age and maturity. Also... quite frankly... I'm worried about retaliatory vandalism to Hank if the guy is as unstable as a love of such music indicates to me he might be.

Still... if it happens again after today... I'm gonna take my chances and say something.

You've gotta nip this sort of crap in the bud. Period.

No comments: