Friday, November 5, 2010

Just a Note on "Style"


Hey, Gang...

(Jared... Carl... ODM...)

Though there's probably no need, allow me to just post a general "clarification" regarding my commenting "style."

Obviously "regular posts" are self-explanatory.

Regarding "newsbites," I can only hope that even the first time (first and last time...???) a web surfer visits Usually Right he/she will quickly figure out that the actual "newsbites" of "Newsbite Threads" are to be found in the comments folder of the thread.

Finally...

A note on my "stylistic" intent with regards to my interspaced commentary within individual "newsbites" as well as applied to "straight" front page posts.

When I'm appearing to be unusually frustrated, condemnatory, and downright sarcastic in my commentary, I'm basically... er... talking out loud... blowing off steam.

Obviously all of my regular readers are intelligent and "right thinking."

(I'm not sure if Rodak still pops in to now and then or how many "lurkers" I have...)

I know - from private emails and just from knowing you guys - that in most cases I'm preaching to the choir and in some cases (ODM) mine might actually be the voice of... er... hope and optimism!

(*CHUCKLE*)

Listen... folks... there are millions and millions and millions of absolute dummies out there!

Rasmussen Reports Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Friday, November 5, 2010:

26% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Overall, 45% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president's performance.

See what I'm saying...???

Basically, folks, in many respects my blogging simply serves as a vent as I reach out to the approximately 150,000,000 registered voters who... er... never heard of William R. Barker and will never stumble upon Usually Right.

Mainly I'm talking to myself, folks... yes... I understand this...!!!

(*GRIN*)

Think about this reality I'm outlining: A quarter or more of the U.S. voting population is a lost cause!

I mean... (*SHAKING MY HEAD*)... think about the fact that folks like Charlie Rangel and Maxine Waters were re-elected in landslides. Consider that even now... after everything they've done over the past four years... the outgoing Pelosi/Reid Congress still has 12% - that's one in ten - of American voters telling pollsters they believe Congress is doing a good or excellent job...!!!

(In other words, folks... more than 10% of the American electorate is certifiably insane...)

So... to close... if anyone every finds himself or herself wondering if perhaps I'm talking to them rather than simply ranting in general... just email and ask.

(*SHRUG*) (*SMILE*)

One favor I would ask:

Tell your friends and family members about this blog. Invite them to tune in! (I appreciate that some of you have told me you do this in any case!)

I really do want people to know what I know and I realize that most folks - even if they're interested in the sort of "reporting" Usually Right engages in - don't have the time or expertise to view and digest the amount of news they should.

Carl...! Victoria should be reading Usually Right daily.

Phil...! Young "Mr. Harvard" surely needs to consider the information I put on display daily in light of the crapola he's undoubtedly being fed up in the Ivy Tower.

Jared... thanks for all the encouragement you give me and thanks for "turning on" your dad and father-in-law to Usually Right!

ODM... continue to read aloud from Usually Right during puppy story hour... (*GRIN*) (*WINK*)

That's it, folks...!

No comments: