Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Barker Ballots...


Obviously I voted for Nan Hayworth. She won!

As to the Calhoun vs. Donnelly contest... I stuck to my guns and wrote in my own name rather than vote for either woman.

* Last I checked Nancy Calhoun was leading by a few hundred votes but the race has apparently still not yet been "called."

Over on the state Senate side, 20-year GOP incumbent Bill Larkin has apparently won re-election. Well, folks... he did so without my vote. Again, I wrote my own name in rather than give my approval to the wheeling, dealing, politics as usual Larkin.

* By the way, folks... I do myself no favors by being honest. This is the story of my life! I'd be much better off - professionally that is - if I were less... er... forthright.

I voted "Paladino For The People" of course.

* Flawed candidate that Paladino was, the ship of state here in New York will continue to flounder under Andrew Cuomo. (Frankly - quite honestly and sincerely - I'd much rather keep Paterson as Governor than allow Cuomo to get his mitts on the levers of state executive power...)

As for U.S. Senate... obviously I voted for (losers) Jay Townsend and Joe DioGuardi. Both men would have been far preferable to (winners) Schumer and Gillibrand.

* Gillibrand actually supported ACORN to the bitter end... and that should tell you all you need to know...

(*JUST SHAKING MY HEAD*)

As for the rest of my choices...

For NYS Attorney General I voted Republican - Dan Donovan. He lost...

For NYS Comptroller I voted Republican - Harry Wilson. He has apparently lost as well.

Whenever a candidate runs unopposed I write myself in.

* Doesn't matter if we're talking a Republican or even a libertarian-leaning, constitutionalist, conservative... if there's only one "choice" on the ballot - either one name or the same name on multiple party "lines" - I refuse to rubber stamp the "selection" of the party bosses.

Well... that's that, folks!

(*GRIN*)

No comments: