Friday, July 8, 2011

The Necessity of Newsbites


Folks... believe me... I know that this blog will never have a "real" audience.

More's the pity.

The average American is rather ignorant. Add to this ignorance generous helpings of intellectual laziness and hubris and we're talking a recipe for disaster.

Heck... Barak Hussein Obama, President of the United States... disaster!

But, folks, you know I'm not simply "picking" on the President nor providing cover for the Republicans vs. the Democrats. Surely anyone browsing through the archives of this blog will notice that my most heartfelt and wounded diatribes against politicians have been leveled not at Democrats (who have behaved as Democrats), but at Republicans who have betrayed the trust of the American People.

I know... I know... talk about hubris... I'm inferring that betraying my trust - going against what I feel is right - is synonymous with acting against the interests of the nation.

(*SHRUG*)

So be it.

The thing is, folks... my personal brand of hubris is based upon demonstrated knowledge and a predictive record pointing to the fact that... yeah... I am usually right.

We've got a long way to go, folks, till the 2012 elections. Consider this though - indeed, take it to the bank: The mainstream media will be pulling out all the stops to get Barak Hussein Obama re-elected.

Where do my newsbites come from? Obviously they come mainly from... well... the news!

Yes... I often reference - post - newsbites coming out of Think Tank reports, academic and government studies and reports, private sector commercial research reports, etc.

Yes... I throw in a fair amount of foreign/international reporting.

I'm not saying "the truth" isn't out there, folks... that it can't be found; I'm just saying that the average American isn't exposed to the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Yes... Barker's Newsbites are posted through the prism of William R. Barker's worldview - including my values and prejudices - but the bias this creates is in large part negated by 1) My absolute hatred of being found "wrong" and my equally strong determination never to open myself up to a legitimate charge of hypocrisy... an accusation that I tried to cover something up or misrepresent reality; and 2) My education - my store of factual, contextual knowledge - that guides me so often in my interjections within the bodies of my newsbites.

Folks... I get it... no one is paying me the big bucks to write - let alone edit, manage, publish or produce - a major (or even minor) media organ. That said... I stand by my conviction that I simply know more... that I'm simply right more often... that I'm better able to see the forest for the trees than most gainfully employed journalists and pundits the average American is exposed to.

Folks... think about how much news and opinion you're exposed to each day that just doesn't jibe with information you've gained via Newsbites.

Folks... imagine if the average American were exposed to Newsbites.

Folks... I don't make any money from my efforts here. I rarely get feedback and as for "thanks"... I like to think "thanks" can be inferred every time I get an email or phone call from one of you addressing something I've posted.

Keep reading Newsbites. Cut, paste, and forward specific newsbites. Recommend Usually Right to friends, colleagues, and family.

Folks... I'm not asking this out of ego. I'm asking this because I truly believe the more educated ("educated" as in truly knowledgeable, not simple "credentialed") people are, the more likely they are to do what they can to save this nation for our children, grandchildren, and indeed all our future posterity.

No comments: