Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I'm Back!


Sorry for the lapse in postings, folks, but I was locked out of my own system!

(*RED FACED CHUCKLE*)

Yep. Pulled a real bone-headed move last week; reset my system access password and then... forgot it.

(*WOEFULLY SHAKING MY HEAD*)

Yep. My system prompts me every month to change my password. Last week I was prompted... and while changing it simultaneously took a phone call. Didn't jot down the new password. 

(We had company over for two nights and so I didn't go to the computer except to shut it down that first evening... and two days later when attempting to log back on... fagetaboutit!)

Luckily I have not one, but two close buds for whom dealing with such stupidity is child's play. (Thank you, John!)

Anyway... all is well! 

Take it from me, though; the next time you have to change or create a password, make sure you come up with the password first - and write it down somewhere where you'll be able to find it - prior to keying it in and activating it! Also... if you have a tech savvy friend... make him or her your "network administrator and ask him or her to set up a "back-door" so that you have a "fail-safe."


No comments: