Monday, August 19, 2013

A Refresher Course on "Best Practices" for Reading Usually Right


First and foremost, while the name of this blog is pronounced "usually" right, the web address is keyed in "usaly" right. (Why? Because the "correct" spelling was already taken prior to my signing up with blogspot!)

Second...

The stand-alone posts... well... stand alone. (Pretty obvious!)

My newsbite posts on the other hand...


(*PAUSE*)

The actual newsbites are found within the comment section of each daily/weekend newsbite post.

Third...

My writings are my writings. My own essays are (I certainly hope!) clearly identifiable as such. As for individual newsbites... my "commentary" is clearly identified as such via an asterisk and ALL CAPS format.

Every so often I'll move a sentence or paragraph of a news story, editorial, or white paper up or down the newsbite so as to enhance readability. This won't be obvious to readers. At times I'll remove "blather" - again... for purposes of readability and brevity - and of course this too will go unnoticed. Finally... every so often I'll change a word or add a word. When I do this it will always be quite obvious because I'll bracket the change and/or addition of word(s).

Basically, a newsbite is a news story, editorial, or white paper into which I've inserted my own commentary. Newsbites are meant to be read as if you - the reader - and I - also a reader - were reading the piece together and while doing so I was analyzing it aloud as we read. (And of course you - my reader - can always comment on the original piece as well as my take on it.)

Here's the thing, though... you always have the option of bypassing my commentary and analysis but utilizing the links which are always provided - which will take you to the original news article, editorial, or white paper!

Yep... you can treat my newsbites as just another news aggregator! No editing... no filter... no Barker commentary.


(*SMILE*)

One last bit of "tutorial" advice: While if you have the time and inclination you're free to visit this blog throughout each day to see what's new, but particularly with the newsbites... the way to get the most out of them is probably to read the previous day's newsbites and stand-alones each morning. 

Well... (Leo and Paul)... I do hope that you become frequent visitors here at Usually Right. 

Ditto all you other "newbies!"


(*WINK*)

Enjoy the site and enjoy "just for fun" links such as...


No comments: