Saturday, June 20, 2015

We Laid Aunt Ruth to Rest Today...




Today... we said our final goodbyes to Aunt Ruth's mortal coil...

Ruth Charlotte Larsen: April 4, 1919 - June 13th, 2015.

Ninety-six years (plus!) of making a difference for the better on this earth... not bad.

God loved my Aunt Ruth. She was spry and active till the day of her heart attack - till last Friday in other words.

I noted in a previous post that she passed on Sunday - last Sunday, the 14th, but actually she passed late Saturday night. (A distinction without a difference, really, but you know me... I'm "anal" this way.)

Crowded wakes - both the 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and the 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. - which being the social butterfly that she was Aunt Ruth would have appreciated.

Friends... relatives... co-workers... men and women of all ages and backgrounds came to pay their respects to a wonderful woman and comfort each other.

This morning... 11:00 a.m. at the United Church of Spring Valley... we again paid our respects and spoke of our love for this amazing woman.

Relatives spoke. Friends spoke. I spoke. We all spoke from the heart.

Afterwards... a celebration... "breaking of bread" and a clinking of glasses. From her perch in Heaven I'm sure Aunt Ruth was frustrated that she couldn't join us.

(*WINK*)

There's never gonna be another "Aunt Ruth." She was "Auntie Mame" incarnate! They "don't build 'em" like her anymore. She epitomized everything that was once so exceptional about America. She wasn't just a strong woman... she was an inspiration... she was a living, breathing example of "my" America.

I pay tribute to her here and now. I will always pay tribute to her. I loved her. I will always love her.

Till we meet again, my dear!



No comments: