Basically... I wish John Boehner was dead. I truly do! I hate the man with every fiber of my being.
And as to McConnell...
(*GNASHING MY TEETH*)
...let's just say that in my humble opinion... he'd serve a much higher purpose fertilizing some Kentucky blue grass!
From "The Hill"
* * *
Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Wednesday said he's hopeful the House will pass legislation this month granting President Obama fast-track trade powers, but said the votes aren't there yet.
* WHAT... A... SCUMBAG...
“I don't think we're quite there yet,” Boehner said in an interview on Fox News Radio's “Kilmeade & Friends.”
“But over the next couple weeks, we hope to get this bill on the floor and get it passed. It's an important priority for the country,” he said.
Boehner acknowledged some in his party are opposing the fast-track legislation, known as Trade Promotion Authority or TPA, simply because they don't trust Obama.
* IT'S NOT ABOUT TRUSTING OBAMA (THOUGH THEY'RE RIGHT NOT TO); IT'S ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION! GOD DAMN IT... ISN'T BOEHNER FAMILIAR WITH THE CONSTITUTION? ARE ANY OF THE RINOs? CERTAINLY THE DEMOCRATS AREN'T!
* BOEHNER SIMPLY WANTS TO GIVE AWAY CONGRESS' CONSTITUTIONAL POWERS AND PREROGATIVES. MEMBERS OF CONGRESS IN GENERAL - MEMBERS OF BOTH PARTIES - JUST LOVE TO CEDE AUTHORITY AS A METHOD OF TRYING TO AVOID RESPONSIBILITY! IT'S SICK! THESE BASTARDS SHOULD BE STOOD UP AGAINST A WALL AND SHOT! (AND NO CIGARETTE FOR BOEHNER...!!!)
Last month, the Senate passed TPA on a 62 to 37 vote.
* THE SO-CALLED "REPUBLICAN" SENATE...
(*SPITTING ON THE GROUND*)
But the bill is facing a steeper climb in the House, where most Democrats are fiercely opposed.
* YES, FOLKS... THE DEMOCRATS ARE ACTUALLY THE GOOD GUYS! (NOT OBAMA... BUT CONGRESSIONAL DEMOCRATS OPPOSING THIS BLATANT BOW TO THE IMPERIAL EXECUTIVE.)
The bill would allow Obama to send to Congress the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a major trade deal among 12 Pacific Rim nations, for an up-or-down vote. Under the fast-track rules, lawmakers would not be able to amend the trade deal.
* FOLKS... THERE'S A REASON THE FOUNDERS GAVE US "ADVISE AND CONSENT" AS OPPOSED TO SIMPLY "CONSENT."
Republicans proponents of TPA estimate they will need about 190 GOP votes, leaving Obama to bring along roughly 30 Democratic votes to get the bill across the finish line.
Obama recently told Rep. Jim Himes (D-CT) he thought he had secured 20 Democratic votes for TPA.
* HOW IN GOD'S NAME ARE THESE CLOWNS EXPECTING TO RE-CAPTURE THE WHITE HOUSE IN OPPOSITION TO THE ANTI-CONSTITUTIONISTS WHEN ALL THEY SEEM TO DO IS ASSIST THE ANTI-CONSTITUTIONISTS...?!?!
Later Wednesday, Boehner and his entire leadership team hosted a 20-minute pep rally in the basement of the Capitol with more than 200 pro-trade allies, including representatives from trade associations, the agriculture and shipping industries, and manufacturers.
“Let’s get it done!” the Speaker told attendees.
* I'M SURE HE DID...
(*JUST SHAKING MY HEAD*)
Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) emceed the meeting. And both Scalise and Ways and Means Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) asked attendees to contact local and national business leaders and have them urge House lawmakers to back the bill, attendees said.
“It was mainly an effort to get this piece of legislation across the finish line,” said one attendee. “They wanted to underscore the importance of passing TPA.”
In an interview with The Hill, House GOP Conference Chairwoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) said the pro-trade gathering was part of “the push to the finish.”
* "PRO-TRADE" MY ASS! "PRO-TRADE DEFICITS" IS MORE LIKE IT! "PRO-DEINDUSTRIALIZATION" IS WHAT I'D CALL IT!
“It’s about encouraging the coalition to make sure they are calling and making the case district by district and in this country as to the positive impact of trade on our economy as well as our national security,” she said.
(*STILL JUST SHAKING MY HEAD*)