Saturday, December 29, 2012

My Daughter is Officially an Engaged Woman!


Well, folks, Shaky popped the question!

In San Antonio...

Yep... the "kids" are in Texas - flew down last night, returning to Boston on a late Tuesday evening flight.

My... daughter... is... engaged...!!!

I like Shaky. (If I didn't... he'd be dead...)

He asked my permission over Thanksgiving when they were up and I gladly gave it.

The kids are planning to move to Dubai over the summer where Kim will get a job teaching and Shaky will hopefully get a position involving investment banking. (And if that doesn't pan out, there's always the family business; I trust Shaky will be a good provider.)

Right now the plan is for them to get married both in India and here at home sometime in 2013 but perhaps not till 2014. (Of course that could change... the timeline could be accelerated... they might even decide to "elope" in Massachusetts prior to leaving for Dubai! Of course as long as they keep us in the loop we'll keep you in the loop!)

Anyway... I need a drink.

Oh... when Kim called she said she'd try and post a photo of the ring on her facebook page.

Later...!

No comments: