Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sat., Dec. 10, 2011 Iowa GOP Candidates' Forum


Ron Paul was great. No doubt about it.

And notice folks... the other candidates have learned not to go after him...

That said, I don't have the courage - the faith in the American People - necessary to back Ron Paul over Newt Gingrich.

I fear that even if by some miracle Paul were able to get the GOP nomination, the mainstream media (with the cooperation and support of strange bedfellows from the neo-con Right on the one hand and the anti-libertarian Left on the other hand) would ensure that Ron Paul was defeated just as soundly as another great American was, a man whose views were ahead of his time was - Barry Goldwater - by the vile Lydon Baines Johnson.

Folks... it's not about what I wish were true... it's about what I fear is true.

Bachmann? Santorum? Perry?

No.

While I thank them and respect them for being the three responsible Republicans up on that stage last night who came out against an extension of the payroll tax cut, none of them is going to win the nomination and I fear that of the three, only Perry would have a real chance of beating Obama in a general election.

In a nutshell, while both Bachmann and Santorum are right on many, many issues, they're also wrong on many, many issues.

(Yes, yes... I know... this applies to ALL candidates! Just bear with me... hear me out...)

Bachmann comes across as a bit unhinged, over-eager, hyper, and frankly... none too bright.

(Example: At one point she starts off by noting she's 55 years old and then goes off on a tangent about how she's been fighting for the people for 50 years... YOU DO THE MATH!)

As for Santorum... he comes across as a bit of a weasel...

(Example: Look at the way he went after Newt on the Palestinian issue.)

And Perry...? He's damaged goods.

Though I could see Perry as Newt's VP choice!

In any case... continuing... I see three people as coming out of last night's debates as clear losers:

1) Geoge Stephanopoulos

2) Diane Sawyer

3) Mitt Romney

Stephanopoulos played the same old gotchya games, trying to incite personal fireworks amongst the candidates as opposed to trying to sort through their actual policy differences.

Folks... I can't stress strongly enough how deceitful, destructive, and downright dumb the liberal media are going to be over the next 11 months. They know that substantial numbers of ordinary Americans are on to their game, but they also know that if they can just get Obama over the finish line one more time...

In other words, folks... don't believe a thing you hear, see, or read via the media absent doing your own contextual fact checking.

As for Romney...

He can across as defensive, panicked, slimy... and certainly not up to the task of out-debating - let alone out-thinking - Newt Gingrich.

Folks... it's true: This year it's ABO - "Anyone But Obama."

But as far as the GOP primaries go... I believe it should be - must be - ABR... "Anyone But Romney!"

(Notice I'm not even including Huntsman in the equation; he's basically a non-entity.)

Romney is a slime. The fact that he's "won" the endorsements of people like Senator Lisa Murkowski and my own Congresswoman, Westchester County's own Nan Hayworth, should tell you all you need to know about who Romney truly is.

Newt's not perfect - not by a long-shot. But the only Republican presidential nomination candidate I like more than Gingrich is Ron Paul... and unfortunately... I don't believe Ron Paul could win a general election.

Rick Perry could beat Obama... but he could get beaten by Obama just as easily.

Michele Bachmann? I can't see her winning against Obama. She's just not polished enough. The Establishment (including the Republican Establishment) would do to her what they did to Sarah Palin.

Think about it...


Santorum...? He might be able to beat Obama. If elected, though, of all the candidates - including Obama - I fear Rick Santorum would be the potential president and commander-in-chief most likely to get us involved in yet another shooting war... a major war.

If you missed last night's debate - which I'm guessing most of you did... I certainly did... I was out Christmas shopping - watch it here.

Have questions about Newt? Start here.

I'm not asking anyone to take everything - or for that matter, anything - Newt says at face value. Nor am I asking you to take what's on Newt Gingrich's website as gospel. All I'm saying is that his website is a good starting point.

Folks... one thing I know and that you can take as gospel... our country can't take another four years of the Obama administration.

May God Bless America...

2 comments:

Jared said...

Refreshing and realistic perspective as usual. I use "ABO" frequently - love it... what else are we going to do!?! Keep it up my friend!

William R. Barker said...

Thanks, Jared!

Hope all's well with you and the family! Love to all!

Hugs and kisses to Dana, LoRae and Davis!

(I really hope LoRae remembers her Uncle Bill...)

Merry-Merry-Merry Christmas and keep tuning in!

Love,

Bill, Mary, and Kim