Thursday, December 1, 2011

Ask and Ye Shall Receive!


Just received an email from my buddy Mike D.

Mike asks me to post the following link here at Usually Right.

No problemo, ol' buddy, ol' pal! My pleasure...!!!

Gotta be honest, though... neither the song itself nor the singing resonated with me... but the message surely does.

(Frankly, folks... I urge you to view the video twice; the first time just watch the video with the sound off and then watch again with the sound on. Feel free to tell me - and Mike - what you think!)

The video is of a 7-year-old girl named Rhema Marvanne who "loves her father and her dog, Mojo," singing a song called "Note to God."

The message? Broadly, I suppose the song is about praying for peace, but specifically the video revolves around our troops and their children.

It's pretty moving. Sadness... and joy. It'll make you think. It'll make you reflect upon the sacrifices a relatively small group of our fellow Americans are making daily on behalf of the nation's will as expressed by our politicians who send our troops into harm's way.

Anyway... God Bless Our Troops and Their Families.

No comments: