Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Beware the Mainstream CONSERVATIVE Media!


Folks... the GOP Establishment is clearly on the Romney bandwagon.

As you know... I'm not.

Neither for that matter are most registered Republicans, let alone most conservatives.

Two of my "go to" daily newsbite sources are of course the Wall Street Journal and National Review Online. Understand, folks, both these publications are more or less "Establishment" GOP outlets.

I could go on and on, but bottom line... the Fix is In.

Or... so they think!

Folks... each and every one of you who is a registered Republican or who resides in a state with open primaries will make your own choice come your Republican primary day.

Some of you will vote for Ron Paul. Others will vote for Gingrich. Some of you will vote for Cain - even now that he's effectively ended his active campaign. Then of course there are the other Republicans candidates.

Whomever you vote for - even if it's Romney - I respect your choice.

The point I want to make here is simply this: To reiterate... the Fix is In!

Only... it's not!!!

What I mean is that you can tell the Republican Establishment to stuff it!

You can tell the Romneybots at Fox News, at the Wall Street Journal, at National Review Online and elsewhere that your vote is your vote and that the Republican Party is your Republican Party - not the "Establishment's" Party!

Personally, if I could snap my fingers and "appoint" Ron Paul President I would.

I can't.

Short of me being able to "appoint" Ron Paul President it is my sad but honest analysis that Ron Paul will never be President of the United States.

I'm supporting Newt Gingrich for the Republican nomination.

Is Newt perfect? Hardly.

Do I have my problems with Newt? Yep.

Do I fully trust Newt Gingrich? No. But then again is there any other candidate (besides Ron Paul) with whom I agree more often and trust more....? No!

Do I distrust Mitt Romney more than any other candidate? Damn straight...!!!

Will I vote for a Republican presidential ticket with Mitt Romney at its head?

(*SIGH*)

Yes. Yes I will. If need be... yes I will.

Do I truly believe that Newt Gingrich has the best chance of beating Obama - better than Romney's chances? Yes! I honestly do!

Newt Gingrich will verbally tear President Obama apart limb by limb during debates which I have no doubt will been watched - live - by the largest American (and foreign) audience in history!

Newt Gingrich will explain conservatism to non-Leftists in such a way as to attract as much - and frankly I believe more - support from so-called "independents" as would go to a candidate Romney and certainly more support from them than Ron Paul, Michele Bachmann, or Rick Santorum would receive.

Folks... you're certainly free to disagree with my analysis. But here's what I'm asking: Don't disagree based upon what you hear from "our" conservative media. Make sure that your final judgment is indeed your final judgment.

No comments: