Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Barker's Newsbites: Wednesday, December 28, 2011


Lies...

Distortions at best.

People. Understand. You can trust me because... well... I'm too prideful to lie.

Seriously... think about it! I hate being proven wrong! I take great pride in being usually right! I'd never knowingly give you false information because I wouldn't want to be connected to false information.

Obviously the politicians will lie.

Obviously the media will lie.

But, me... nope... I'll shoot straight with you and let the chips fall as they may.

The gloves are off, folks. The media - including Fox, including "conservative" publications - can't be trusted.

Certainly no politician can be trusted.

All I can tell you is that I'm here... and you can trust me.

From now till election day next November, please... please follow this blog and don't buy anything you hear coming out of the media until and unless it's verified to your satisfaction.

I can't carry everything. I can't be all things to all people. But I can and will do all I can to provide you with news you can use in order to cast a truly educated ballot come your state primary and come the general election.

If you have questions... ask me! I'm here!
Link

1 comment:

William R. Barker said...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204224604577030221768840762.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEFTTopOpinion

Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta recently testified before Congress about potential changes to the Military Retirement System. He said: "We've made a promise to people who are on duty that we're going to provide a certain level of retirement. . . . These people have been deployed time and time again. They've put their lives on the line on the battlefield. And we're not going to pull the rug out from under them. We're going to stand by the promise that was made for them."

In a speech before Congress urging it to pass his American Jobs Act, President Obama spoke of tax credits for companies to hire America's veterans, saying, "We ask these men and women to leave their careers, leave their families, risk their lives to fight for our country. The last thing they should have to do is fight for a job when they come home."

But the Air Force is pulling the rug out from under these airmen.

This holiday season, the Air Force has "separated" (that is, fired) 157 officers on the eve of their retirement, including pilots flying dangerous missions, to avoid paying their pensions. According to Department of Defense Instructions, those within six years of their 20-year retirement (with no disciplinary blemishes on their record) have the option to remain in service. Nevertheless, the Air Force is committing terminations of airmen a few years away from retirement en masse, citing budget constraints.

Maj. Kale Mosley is one example. He is an Air Force Academy graduate and a pilot who has flown more than 250 combat missions. He deployed to Libya this summer with 30 hours notice. When he returned, the military immediately sent him to Iraq. Just as he was boarding the plane for Iraq, the Air Force gave him his walking papers, effective Nov. 30. Maj. Mosley will not receive a pension or long-term health-care benefits for his family. He is the father of a toddler and a newborn.

* FOLKS... READ THE FULL OP-ED.