Friday, May 10, 2013

What is a Friend?


A friend is someone you can call on a Friday night and say, "Hey... I need you to drive to Hartford and rescue your Goddaughter who just had a blow out!"

Thanks, friend... 

Luckily... the mission was aborted when my daughter's roommate's dad - who lives in West Hartford - was able to "rescue the kid."

Yep... Kim called tonight... at about 8:15 p.m.... in hysterics because on her way down from Boston she blew a tire in Hartford. No AAA Card. Her fiance's car. She couldn't find his insurance info. A kind man who stopped to help her couldn't get the shredded tire off to put on the spare. Yep... a real mess.

What am I gonna do from here... from Harriman... two and a half hours from Hartford? Simple! I call my best friend, who lives in Katonah, and tell him what I need. No arguments. No "buts." Nope... just an "OK, Bill, I'm on my way."

Yep... that's friendship.

I'm a lucky guy - I have a few friends who would have also answered the call... just as I would for them.

See, folks... that's the key - loyalty. A true friend will do pretty much anything for you. I have true friends and I pride myself on being a true friend.

Anyway... Kim was able to drive her car - donut installed - to her roommate's parent's house where she'll spend the night and then tomorrow morning  the dad will make sure Kim gets a new tire mounted. With any luck Kim will be home by early afternoon.

All's well that ends well.

G'night, buddy... and thanks again!

No comments: