Friday, January 18, 2013

Extended Weekend Newsbites: Fri./Sat./Sun., Jan. 18, 19 & 20, 2013


Sorry for the recent lack of postings, folks... but you know me and tech - we don't get along all that well!

Anyway... the Optimum contractor was here on Wednesday and hooked up the phones and was also kind enough (yeah... of course I tipped him) to hook up my router. Unfortunately he didn't switch out my "old" DVR for a new one (I suppose mine is still current) so there was no opportunity to ask him to set up my new blu-ray player.

Anyway... my bro-in-law is tech savvy and so I asked him to come over today and set me up and he did.

Right now... at this very moment... I'm playing a DVD!

As to the rest of it... give me time... there's a lot to all these services offered through the blu-ray w-fi and it's gonna take me awhile to get up to speed. (Joey Baby... I know you're reading this... com'on over, brother...!)

Anyway... politics...? I'll get there, folks! Indeed that's why this "extended" newsbites post; rather than leave ya'll on the hook wondering, know that if I don't get to actually newsbiting today... I'll be newsbiting over the weekend!

1 comment:

William R. Barker said...

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/first-term-americans-collecting-disability-increased-1385418-now-1-each-13-full-time

During President Barack Obama’s first term, the number of Americans collecting federal disability insurance increased by 1,385,418...

* BY ALMOST A MILLION AND A HALF PEOPLE...

...to a record 8,827,795.

* DO THE PERCENTAGE INCREASE MATH, FOLKS...

(*JUST SHAKING MY HEAD*)

In the comparable period of George W. Bush’s first term — January 2001 through December 2004 — the number of people taking disability went from 5,052,895 to 6,197,664, an increase: 1,144,769. In the comparable period of George W. Bush's second term - January 2005 through December 2008 - the number of people taking disability went from 6,219,666 to 7,427,203, an increase of 1,207,537.

* ALSO NOTHING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT...

* FOLKS... HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I SAID IT IN ONE CONTEXT OR ANOTHER: "BUSH SUCKED; OBAMA SUCKS WORSE!"

Forty-two years ago, in December 1968, there were 51 people working full-time in this country for each person collecting disability.

Back in January 2001, there was one person collecting disability for every 23 full-time workers...

... by December 2004 there was one person collecting disability for every 19 full-time workers...

... by December 2008, there was one person collecting disability for every 16 full-time workers.

[T]here is now one person collecting disability in this county for every 13 people working full-time.

(*CLAP...CLAP...CLAP*)

* FOLKS... I DON'T MAKE UP THE ECONOMIC DATA... I JUST PASS IT ON AND COMMENT UPON IT.

(*SHRUG*)