Friday, October 14, 2011

So... Front Page on Drudge... "Suicide of a Superpower"


***Drudge Exclusive***

BOOK WARNS OF END
Friday, Oct. 14 2011 07:00:25 ET

"As the faith that gave birth to the West is dying in the West, peoples of European descent from the steppes of Russia to the coast of California have begun to die out, as the Third World treks north to claim the estate. The last decade provided corroborating if not conclusive proof that we are in the Indian Summer of our civilization."

So begins Pat Buchanan in his hardcore work, "Suicide of a Superpower."

The subtitle: "Will America Survive to 2025?"

Buchanan, set for maximum controversy, launches all rockets in the book's introduction, "Disintegrating Nation," and does not let up for 400-plus pages.

"America is disintegrating. The centrifugal forces pulling us apart are growing inexorably. What unites us is dissolving. And this is true of Western Civilization. ... Meanwhile, the state is failing in its most fundamental duties. It is no longer able to defend our borders, balance our budgets, or win our wars."

The books reads as if its been written to be left behind in the ruins, only to be found by a future civilization.

"Suicide" ranked #2,668 on Amazon's hit parade early Friday. It hits the streets on Tuesday.

See Drudge for an advanced look inside.

My friends... I've yet to read Buchanan's newest (soon to be) bestseller, but I will of course get around to reading it as soon as I can get hold of a copy.

And you folks should read it too!

The thing is... before I start reading Buchanan's latest analysis I've got to finish one of the books I began reading in Key West... "After America: Get Ready for Armageddon" penned by the brilliant and erudite Mark Steyn.

Folks... since Steyn's book is already out... I suggest you head to the library or bookstore this weekend and catch up to me asap.

None of this is a joke, folks; none of this is hyperbole or hysteria.

Here's a challenge to those of you who "sympathize" with my oft-noted fears and frustrations but who feel that in the end it'll all work out... because after all... hasn't America faced tough challenges in the past and come out of them even stronger than before?!

(Well... yes and no. But in any case, that's besides the point...)

The challenge is simply this: Stop by a bookstore sometime over the weekend, grab a copy of Steyn's "After America" off the shelf, and read just the intro and chapter one.

That's it...

That's the whole "challenge."

If what you read doesn't strike a cord... doesn't chill you to the core... then don't bother reading either Buchanan's latest book when it comes out or Steyn's book; in fact... if you don't "buy" the case that Steyn - or Buchanan - make, then you might as well stop "wasting" your time reading my blog and instead pick up a new skill that might come in handy in the years to come... perhaps fiddle playing... perhaps learning to speak Mandarin.

Raise your hand if the name "Samuel P. Huntington" means anything to you?

The late Dr. Huntington was the author of "The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order" and "Who Are We? The Challenges to America's National Identity" among other seminal works.

If you've never read Huntington's works, I beg of you... if you love your country... if you want your children and grandchildren to have even a small chance of living their days in an America which would be at least recognizable to our parents and grandparents.... borrow, purchase downloads, or buy hard-copy books by Samuel P. Huntington. (The further back you go, the more staggered you'll be by the accuracy of his analysis and predictions.)

So we have Mark Steyn... Patrick J. Buchanan... Samuel P. Huntington...

If you really want to get a worthwhile education in the social sciences without going through "the system" (the "academy" with all the nonsense and waste of time and money jumping through artificial hoops entails) read what straight shooters like Steyn, Buchanan, and Huntington have to say.

In addition: James Q. Wilson, Charles Murray, Thomas Sowell, Walter E. Williams, John Lott, Lou Dobbs... and the list goes on and on.

LinkFolks... I could go on like this from now till the end of the weekend... but you get the idea.

The reason why you should trust me and my analysis on issue after issue is twofold: 1) I have integrity and I'll never knowingly lie to you either by commission or omission; 2) My education - both formal and informal... not to mention continuously ongoing - affords me the knowledge and hopefully wisdom necessary to connect the dots and cut right to the chase.

Folks... please take my "doomsday" talk seriously. The "talk" is based upon a level of factual knowledge very few possess.

It's not that I'm always the brightest guy in the room, nor is it that there aren't others - tens of thousands, no doubt; perhaps hundreds of thousands or even millions - who actually know more than I do, who read and study more than I do, who are exposed to more "inside info" than I am. Nope... I harbor no false illusions concerning my own "status" - particularly as far as credentialism and economic success measure it. What I am claiming however is a sort of "perfect storm" of interest, knowledge, integrity, and intellect which allows me to see the truth... to "get" the "big picture"... as few others do.

The authors, journalists, and social scientists I've mentioned... the works I've cited... they're simply supporting evidence for my thesis that if we hope to bequeath our children and grandchildren an America anywhere near as great as the one we we bequeathed... we're gonna have to be prepared to go to the barricades.

Folks... believe me... we haven't seen anything yet!

No comments: