The largest Republican caucus in Congress has thrown its weight behind a proposal to reduce spending significantly and scrap a 2015 budget deal.
With that move, the conservative-leaning Republican Study Committee...
* THE FOLLOWING COMMENT MAY BE "INSIDE BASEBALL," BUT ALLOW ME TO "PITCH" IT ANYWAY: THINK HOW A*M*A*Z*I*N*G IT IS THAT THE REPUBLICAN STUDY COMMITTEE IS CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED AS ONLY "CONSERVATIVE L*E*A*N*I*N*G."
...brings additional urgency to an ongoing budget battle in Congress.
House Speaker Paul Ryan wants to keep in place spending levels in the Bipartisan Budget Act negotiated last year between then-Speaker John Boehner and President Obama.
* OF COURSE HE DOES! FOLKS... THE REPUBLICAN SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE IS A RINO! HELL... HE'S NOT EVEN CONSERVATIVE L*E*A*N*I*N*G - AND THIS FROM NONE OTHER THAN THE FRIGGIN' HERITAGE FOUNDATION!
* AGAIN... FRIGGIN' A*M*A*Z*I*N*G...!!!
But conservatives, and now the House’s Republican Study Committee, want to renounce that agreement.
The committee, with more than 170 Republican lawmakers as members, is pushing to cut $30 billion from the $1.07 trillion established in the Boehner-Obama budget deal.
* NOTICE FOLKS... THIS REPORT ISN'T PROVIDING THE BASIC INFO YOU NEED FOR CONTEXT - NAMELY... WHAT WAS THE LAST BUDGET? WHAT WAS THE NUMBER - HOW MANY BILLIONS OF DOLLARS - OF THIS PAST YEAR'S BUDGET? WHAT WAS LAST YEAR'S ACTUAL SPENDING...?
* FOLKS... SOMEHOW I DOUBT THEY'RE TALKING (EITHER HERITAGE OR THE REPUBLICAN STUDY COMMITTEE) ACTUAL "CUTS" TO LAST YEAR'S BUDGET BASELINE.
* YEAH... IT'S A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION... BUT IT'S ALSO MORE OF THE OL' "HOW CAN WE FOOL 'EM TODAY" RHETORIC.
Dismissing last year’s budget for adding billions to the national debt, Chairman Bill Flores, R-Texas, said in a prepared statement:
We must make concrete spending reductions, either in non-defense discretionary spending or through enacted mandatory savings, to offset any spending in excess of $1.04 trillion.
* FOLKS. DO YOU WANT THE REPUBLICAN CONGRESS TO SPEND $1.04 TRILLION DOLLARS? (AND WHAT WOULD EVEN THAT LEVEL OF SPENDING MEAN IN TERMS OF DEFICIT SPENDING AND NEW DEBT SHOULDERING?)
Ryan, R-Wis., has indicated that reneging on the Boehner-Obama spending agreement likely would throw the House off track and scuttle his efforts to achieve regular order during the appropriations process.
* THROW "THE HOUSE" OFF TRACK? HOW'BOUT... THE COUNTRY...?!?! (YOU P.O.S.!)
Flores told The Daily Signal as much in an interview last month.
“If you want to get the appropriations bills done [one at a time through regular order], the numbers in the October budget deal are the ones that’ll be used,” he said.
* SO IT'S ALL BULL$HIT...
Talk of process and returning to regular order came into vogue when Ryan succeeded Boehner as speaker in late October.
* IF "REGULAR ORDER" TRANSLATES TO "REGULAR DEFICIT SPENDING" (WHICH IT DOES!) AND "REGULAR ADDING ON TO THE DEBT" (WHICH IT DOES!) THEN I SUGGEST THAT RYAN'S "REGULAR ORDER"... SUCKS!
* AGAIN... FOLKS... UNDERSTAND: PAUL RYAN IS A RINO P.O.S. PERIOD.
Rather than funding the government through a single “omnibus” spending package, Ryan wants Congress to pass a dozen individual spending bills to fund specific government agencies and programs.
* FINE! BUT SPENDING SHOULD BE LIMITED TO REVENUE!
(*MASSIVE MIGRAINE HEADACHE*)
The ranks of the Republican Conference Committee swell past 170 of the 246 Republican members of the House. Its opposition could tip the balance of the debate.
Scrapping the Boehner-Obama spending levels could lead to another catchall omnibus budget bill at the end of the year.