Saturday, February 11, 2012

Weekend Newsbites: Sat. & Sun., Feb. 11 & 12, 2012


So... finally figured out why my bud's "loaner laptop" isn't connecting to the net.

Apparently I actually did hook up all the damned wires correctly...

(Yeah... yeah... I know "wireless" exists...)

(*PURSED LIPS*) (*SEMI-SNARL*)

Nope... it's not the hook-up... not the modem (per se)... it's...

(*DRUM ROLL*)

It's that my DSL modem is so frigg'n ancient that the laptop doesn't have the drivers installed to run it and therefore the system doesn't "recognize" the modem even though it's plugged in properly!

(Computer folks... does this make sense... sound reasonable?)

Anyway... I have no frigg'n idea where the original installation disc is...

(And of course I can't download the drivers from Frontier's website because I can't reach Frontier's website!)

So... from library to library I'll continue to go... until Phil gives me my "new" ready to go (all loaded up... files transferred... yadda, yadda, yadda...) desktop.

Anyway... on to newsbiting! (See: Comments Section)

1 comment:

William R. Barker said...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/02/obama-budget-to-miss-deficit-goal/1

President Obama's proposed 2013 budget will forecast a $901 billion deficit for next year, falling far short of his goal to halve the deficit in four years.

* REAL "SHOCKER," HUH?!

(*SMIRK*)

The budget, an outline of which was released by the White House Friday night, will show a higher deficit this year than in 2011, up from $1.3 trillion to $1.33 trillion.

(*SARCASTIC CLAP-CLAP-CLAP*)

* SERIOUSLY, FOLKS... HOW COULD ANYONE WHO LOVES THIS COUNTRY SUPPORT THIS JACKASS FOR RE-ELECTION?

* HEY... YOU'RE A LIBERAL DEMOCRAT... THEN SUPPORT HILLARY CLINTON (ALSO AN INCOMPETENT, BUT NOT OBAMA!) OR DENNIS KUCINICH!)