Monday, February 20, 2012

Barker's Newsbites: Monday, February 20, 2012


Oh, what a lovely day!

I'm blogging from...

(*DRUM ROLL*)

HOME...!!!

Nope. Don't have my "new" (refurbished) desktop back; however, I have finally figured out - and thus overcome - the technical stumbling block that had me unable to connect to the net via my loaner laptop.

I had been - unbeknownst to me - been trying to use a regular phone cord as an ethernet cord!

(Yep... Bill the Luddite strikes again...)

Having finally figured this out... I went to Walmart today, purchased myself a $10 ethernet cord, plugged on end into my obsolete but still working modem and the other end into the laptop and..

I'm up and running!

Anyway... don't know if I'll get much posted (beyond this) today, but for what it's worth...

I'm back...

3 comments:

Mike D said...

"Luddite" classic Bill. Oh man, you need to get into the 90's. Nevermind 2K stuff. Phone cord... LMAO.

William R. Barker said...

Mike... ya wanna know the truth?

I still my frigg'n Sprint phone card where I punch "my" access number into any pay phone and for the low, low price of something like $.25/minute (*LAUGHING OUT LOAD*) I could make "emergency" calls!

Your friend Bill... NO LIKE CHANGE!

(*GRIN*)

William R. Barker said...

Oh... but here's where the ying vs. yang comes in:

My yearly land-line/internet phone/computer "deal" has expired.

Those bastards at Frontier want to raise my monthly bill by $10 and they won't back down.

So... to punish them... I'm probably gonna switch everything over to Optimum - my cable provider - so that for $100/month I'll have my cable/phone/internet all bundled.

BILL