Monday, April 18, 2011

Sarah Palin Sure Sounds Smart To Me!


Ya know, folks, I have my differences with Sarah Palin - just as I have my differences with anyone who isn't... er... me.

Bottom line, no two human beings are ever gonna be 100% on the same page 100% of the time.

Right...?

But just read the following excerpts from Gov. Palin's recent speech given in Madison, Wisconsin, and tell me that she's not making a heck of a lot more sense - and being far more direct in doing so - than the average... um... "non-hick" politician of either party.

[C]ourage.

[I]ntegrity.

[T]hat’s something that’s sorely missing in the Beltway today.

[L]et me tell you what isn’t courageous: It’s politicians promising the American voters that, as we drown in $14.5 trillion debt, that they’re going to cut $100 billion out of this year’s budget.

But then they cave on that and they reduce it down to $61 billion after they get elected.

Then they get in there and they strike a deal and decide, nah, they will reduce that down to $38 billion.

And then after some politics-as-usual and accounting gimmicks, we find out it’s not $38 billion in cuts...it’s less than $1 billion in real cuts.

Folks, that $352 million in real cuts - that’s no more than the federal government is going to spend in the time it takes us to hold this rally today!

That is not courage; that’s capitulation!

Folks... if that's a "hick" speaking, then I say we make Washington D.C. a "hick only" zone!

I know one thing, Sarah Palin just laid out the truth!

Call me old fashioned... but I like hearing the truth.

[T]o the GOP establishment: We didn’t elect you just to re-arrange the deck chairs on a sinking Titanic. We didn’t elect you to just stand back and watch Obama re-distribute those deck chairs. What we need is for you to stand up, GOP, and fight.

Again... Sarah Palin is speaking for me here. Is there anyone who claims to be a Republican, a conservative, who disagrees with what Gov. Palin says up above?

[W]hen Wisconsin’s own Paul Ryan presented a plan for fiscal reform, what was Obama’s response? He demonized the voices of responsibility with class warfare and with fearmongering.

He did, right? I mean she's not making this up; that's exactly what Obama did!

And I say personally to our president: Hey, parent to parent, Barack Obama, for shame for you to suggest that the heart of the commonsense conservative movement would do anything to harm our esteemed elders, to harm our children with Down syndrome, to harm those most in need. No, see, in our book, you prioritize appropriately and those who need the help will get the help. The only way we do that is to be wise and prudent and to budget according to the right priorities.

Let me tell you something, folks... once again... Sarah Palin is speaking for me - and I'm sure as heck no "hick."

[O]ur president isn’t leading, he’s punting on this debt crisis. The only future Barack Obama is trying to win is his own re-election! He’s willing to mortgage your children’s future to ensure his own. And that is not the audacity of hope. That’s cynicism!

Right again, Governor!

Piling more debt onto our children and grandchildren is not courage. No, that’s cowardice!

True, again, Gov. Palin, and what should make all of you reading this stand up and cheer is that fact that her context is speaking to both parties...!!!

I like Sarah Palin. We need more people like Sarah Palin and less people like Barak Obama.

And that's my bottom line...

No comments: