Thursday, December 31, 2009

Borrowing An Idea From My Cyberbud Rodak


Check this out.

O.K., something any of us of a mind can do: Head on over to Tango TV and click "On TV" and from the sub-menu click "TV Listings: Past & Present."

You can go back and check TV schedules going all the way back to 1950!

Pretty cool!

So... let's see... what was on the day I was born?

Monday May 14, 1962 --

Not much was on that night. In primetime that night the only show I recognize is "The Price Is Right."

(Hell... might as well go through the listings for the first full week of life of your beloved bloghost, William R. Barker.) (*WINK*)

Tuesday May 15, 1962 --

Aahh... another game show on in prime time: "Password." (Oh, wow... Olivia De Havilland and Douglas Fairbanks Jr. were the guests! (Hey... did you folks know that Olivia De Havilland is still alive? She is!)

Aahh... "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" 8:30 p.m. on NBC.

Wednesday May 16, 1962 --

"Wagon Train" 8:00 p.m. on NBC.

"The Bob Newhart (Variety) Show" 10:00 p.m. on NBC.

Thursday May 17, 1962 --

"My Three Sons" 9:00 p.m. on CBS.

"Hazel" 9:30 p.m. on NBC.

"The Untouchables" 10:00 p.m. on ABC.

Friday May 18, 1962

Oooohhh! "The Twilight Zone" 10:00 p.m. on CBS.

Saturday May 19, 1962 --

"Perry Mason" 8:00 p.m. on CBS. (To this day the theme music gives me the creeps...)

"Leave It To Beaver" 8:30 p.m. on ABC. (Wow... I always think of Leave It To Beaver as a '50's show...)

"Have Gun Will Travel" 9:30 p.m. on CBS. (Basically I'm listing programs I'm familiar with and have seen on re-runs which I would have watched "live" had I had the opportunity...)

"Gunsmoke" 10:00 p.m. on CBS.

Sunday May 20, 1962 --

"Lassie" 7:00 p.m. on CBS followed by "Dennis The Menace" at 7:30 p.m. and "What's My Line" at 10:00 p.m.

"The Bullwinkle Show" over at NBC competing against "Lassie" at 7:00 p.m.

"Bonanza" 9:00 p.m. on NBC.

Pretty cool, huh...?!

No doubt I'll do further exploring on Tango TV. No doubt it'll be fun to relive childhood television view memories by browsing through key years... when I was five - off to kindergarten; the middle school years... the high school years...

Feel free to share your favorite TV shows - past and present - with me via the Comments Section of this thread.

4 comments:

Rodak said...

Did you actually read the "TV Guide descriptions" on my post?

William R. Barker said...

Rodak asks...

Did you actually read the "TV Guide descriptions" on my post?

Bill answer...

Er...

No.

BUT I HAVE NOW!

Very amusing, Rob... very amusing!

My favorite --

The Waltons: John-Boy fears for his sanity when the mole on his cheek starts to whisper into his ear at night.

(*WINK*)

BILL

Rodak said...

You had me worried for a minute, there, Bill.

Rodak said...

You are 0-for-January. Have you given up posting?