Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My Heart's Just Not In It...


The blogging, I mean...

Nope. Not quitting. Nope. Not even announcing that I'm taking a break.

(*PURSED LIPS*)

It saddens me that so few people see what's going on. That's why I provide this blog - to educate. Unfortunately... people aren't open to education. (At least very few are.)

Some of you see what I see and are appalled. Still... you feel there's nothing you can do about it and so you just shake your head and go back to your life.

Others... they don't buy it... don't buy into my perspective...

(*SHRUG*)

Is there anything that I could provide to reach some of you? No. Just... no. There's not.

Then there are my friends who believe everything is cyclical... that if they just do what they're supposed to and provide for their families and especially their kids that all will be well.

(*PURSED LIPS*)

I... don't... think... so...

But, hey... perhaps the Fed can keep the balls in the air indefinitely! Certainly we're not in as bad a shape financially as I was probably predicting in 2007 that we'd be by now. Yes, inflation has been far, far beyond what government stats acknowledge, but... the dollar hasn't "broken." Frankly I'm surprised. The only explanation I can come up with is that the Powers That Be are still fairly united in believing that to allow a swift dollar collapse (or even a euro collapse) would unleash a worldwide economic depression of uncertain and uncontrollable magnitude which would blow in all directions... not just destroying the West's economy... but destroying the world economy.

(*PAUSE*)

On the other hand... in certain ways the country is in worse shape in 2013 than I would have imagined in 2007/2008.

Back in 2008 I was a man with a plan! Let Obama win! Let the Dems win both Houses of Congress! Let overreach take care of them as their blunders caused short-term disasters upon which the American People would naturally react by demanding a change of course!

Well... I was right... to an extent. The 2010 Elections played out just as I had predicted they would. (And... for the reasons I had predicted!) But what I didn't count on were two things: 1) Obama's steadfastness; 2) The RINO ability to retain ultimate power within the GOP.

I didn't count on John Boehner and Mitch McConnell squandering... smothering... the 2010 victory via almost immediately declaring war on the same Tea Party voters who had one the GOP back the House in November of 2010.

Nope... I didn't count on the likes of Nan Hayworth... one term RINO congresswoman... throwing her supposed convictions aside the moment she was safely (but only temporarily it turned out) ensconced in office.

No my friends... I didn't believe in 2010 that in 2012 Mitt Friggin' Romney would be the GOP candidate for president...

(*SIGH*)

Yes, folks, it didn't take me long to figure out who Barack Hussein Obama was after he took office. His appointments alone (Eric Holder... Janet Napolitano... Kathleen Sebelius)...

(*JUST SHAKING MY HEAD*)

Within the first months of the Administration I knew that America was in for a far rougher ride than I had anticipated.

The levels of corruption... incompetence... just plain wrongheaded policies...

Did I anticipate "losing" Egypt? Nope.

Did I anticipate where Obama's Libyan policies would lead? No.

Did I ever believe the IRS would be hip-deep in partisan political shenanigans...? Nope.

Did I ever envision the Constitution being torn to shreds the way it's been...? Not on your life!

When George W. Bush appointed John Roberts to the Supreme Court - as Chief Justice no less - did I ever in my wildest imagination guess that he'd end up being the vote that would one day uphold ObamaCare... even as Roberts all but admitted that his decision was "pragmatic" rather than based upon the words and intent of our Founders as enshrined in the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and subsequent Amendments?

(*SILENCE*)

And now Obama is moving us closer to involvement in the Syrian civil war... 

(*SHUDDER*)

I know... I know... I'm jumping all over the place; but that's the point, friends... my America is literally falling apart and I see no way of saving her.

Anyway...

No comments: