You folks know that our troops are still being killed... murdered... and maimed in Afghanistan - by... our... allies... - right?
* * *
An Afghan soldier shot and killed a U.S. soldier and wounded several others [last] Wednesday before being shot dead, the first so-called "insider attack" to target NATO troops since they ended their combat mission at the start of the year.
* THE FIRST. NOT THE LAST. ANOTHER DEAD AMERICAN SOLDIER DEAD ON OBAMA'S WATCH. ANOTHER AMERICAN FAMILY SHATTERED ON OBAMA'S WATCH.
The shooting happened after Afghan provincial leaders met a U.S. Embassy official at the compound of the Nangarhar provincial governor in the city of Jalalabad. All U.S. Embassy staff were accounted for and safe, the diplomatic mission said.
* OBAMA'S BUREAUCRATS ARE SAFE; "ONLY" A MERE GRUNT WAS KILLED... MURDERED.
"Right after the U.S. official had left, suddenly an Afghan army soldier opened fire on the U.S. soldiers who were present in the compound," said Afghan Gen. Fazel Ahmad Sherzad, the police chief for eastern Nangarhar province.
* YES... ONE OF OUR "ALLIES." PROBABLY U.S. TRAINED.
* AGAIN, THIS IS ON OBAMA'S HEAD; ON OBAMA'S WATCH.
The American troops returned fire, killing the Afghan soldier, whom Sherzad identified as Abdul Azim of Laghman province.
The motive for his attack was not immediately known...
(*JUST SHAKING MY HEAD*)
The attack was the second fatality suffered by NATO since the beginning of the year; an Afghan soldier killed three American contractors on Jan. 29 in another apparent insider attack.
Information was sketchy and an eyewitness initially told The Associated Press that four U.S. troops had been wounded in the attack and were being treated at a clinic on the American base in Jalalabad. Later, Cmdr. Elissa Smith, a Pentagon spokeswoman, confirmed that "several" U.S. troops were wounded but could not clarify how many.
Noman Atefi, the spokesman for the Afghan National Army's eastern corps command, said one Afghan soldier had been killed and two others wounded in the shootout.
* SO... THERE WAS MORE THAN ONE AFGHAN "ALLY" INVOLVED IN THE ATTACK UPON OUR TROOPS?
White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest, when asked about the shooting, said it "underscores that Afghanistan continues to be a dangerous place."
"We're going to continue to work closely with President (Ashraf) Ghani, other members of the Afghan government and our international partners to support the Afghan government of national unity as it pursues a future of greater peace, prosperity and, finally, an end to this conflict," Earnest said.
* IN OTHER WORDS... "THE PRICE OF DOING BUSINESS...?"
* FOLKS. THESE PEOPLE ARE SICK. OUR TROOPS SHOULD BE DEFENDING AMERICA'S SOUTHERN BORDERS, NOT SERVING AS TARGETS FOR OUR OWN "ALLIES" IN HELLHOLES SUCH AS JALALABAD.
At the Pentagon, spokesman Col. Steve Warren said an investigation into the shooting was underway and indications suggested it was an insider attacker.
* JUST A SIDE QUESTION: WHY IS A COLONEL A SPOKESMAN? WHY DOES THE MILITARY HAVE DESIGNATED "SPOKESMEN" IN THE FIRST PLACE?
* COULD PART OF THE REASON WHY WE CAN'T SEEM TO WIN A WAR AND KEEP IT WON (IN THE SENSE OF WW2) BE THAT WE'VE BASICALLY "CORPORATIZED" OUR MILITARY?
* FOLKS... JUST A GUESS... BUT MY GUESS IS THAT THIS COLONEL IN QUESTION THINKS AND ACTS MORE LIKE AN UPPER-MID-LEVEL MANAGER AT A FORTUNE 50 COMPANY - OR PERHAPS A GS-15 WITH A FEDERAL REGULATORY AGENCY - THAN AS A WARRIOR.
Insider attacks first surged in 2012...
* THE YEAR THE AMERICAN SHEEPLE... TENS OF MILLIONS OF FRIGGIN' IDIOTS... VOTED TO RE-ELECTED BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA.
(*JUST SHAKING MY HEAD*)
That year, more than 60 coalition troops — most of them Americans — were killed in more than 40 attacks that threatened to shatter all trust between U.S. forces and the Afghan troops.
There were at least four insider attacks in Afghanistan in 2014. The worst was on Aug. 5, when the Afghan soldier shot and killed Greene and wounded 18.