Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Barkerism 101 - An Intro


Any of you folks curious to get a glimpse of my "out in the wild" persona? Here's your chance! Call it a short survey course - Barkerism 101.

Head on over to NewMajority.com. There you'll get a fairly broad tutorial concerning my views on various topics. There you'll also find the good, the bad, and yes, the ugly as far as my "style" is concerned.

Specifically...

I attempt to explain basic economics to David Frum.

Here's what I think of "stimulus."

California... New York... the Federal Government... three incompetent entities.

Defending Sarah Palin against fools, hypocrites, and those lacking a shred of decency.

Witness yours truly continue to (figuratively) beat the anti-Palin crew senseless - which... upon further thought... is the perfect word to describe them - SENSELESS.

Call this one "Here... allow me to deal with public school disciplinary problems."

A primer on how to deal with the dishonest and the deluded.

The underlying realities as they apply to the health insurance/healthcare debate. In fact... this debate had two threads going simultaneously!

Finally... one of my finest rants... along with "the best of Bill's sarcastic, take no prisoners debating style."

Enjoy! Heck... add your voices to any or all of the debates going on over at NewMajority.com.

Folks... I freely stipulate that I'm not the most diplomatic guy on earth. I'm honest, though. I call 'em like I see 'em. I hold myself to the same high standards I hold others to.

Anyway... (*SMILE*)... if you've got some time to kill and view blogging as entertainment as well as a source of gaining and sharing information... check out the links I've provided.

2 comments:

Franco said...

hey Bill,

I see I'm being talked about over at NM.... I did go away I'm a musician and I work weekends from July to December. I can't seem to log back onto NM but I haven't tried till recently. I got some posts deleted for no good reason that really pisses me off and causes me to lose interest.

Frum is a complete hypocrite and a self serving elitist. He's an overeducated drone and doesn't deserve my comments (or yours) I've never encountered more idiotic Republicans in my life usually they are more astute than Democrats but that bunch... together with the lefty propagandists the site is nothing without people like you and me.

William R. Barker said...

Hey Franco!

Glad to hear from you!

Yeah... the initial log-in (reregistration) to NM is tedious, but once that's done the logging in and out (as relates to posting) is a breeze. They actually DID improve the site - technically speaking.

And they don't seem to be deleting posts anymore. That's a biggie for me!

"Frum is a complete hypocrite and a self serving elitist. He's an overeducated drone..."

Franco. Tell us how you REALLY feel.

(*HUGE FRIGG'N GRIN*)

Seriously... you know I'm with you. Hell... I provide evidence fairly frequently right on NM!

(*CHUCKLE*)

"...and doesn't deserve my comments (or yours)."

Yes, Franco... but we must be magnanimous and "spread our light" as far as it will shine!

(*CHUCKLE*)

No. Seriously. I know damn well that it's the posts of folks like you or I that keeps a site like Frum's relevant, but I'm willing to "profit" Frum via my labors simply because I enjoy blogging and NM has a fairly sophisticated cast of characters... with a few like you and Brutus and Mike K. being real standouts.

"I've never encountered more idiotic Republicans..."

Well, Otto is obviously a troll and so are a few others (Krove, et al), but I believe it's worthwhile to try and reach out to Sinz and Chekote and Marcus and a few others who are - whether they're right or wrong on any particular issue - NOT trolls.

Anyway, if you can spare the time, shoot me an email telling me about your musical pursuits.

My nephews have a band:

http://afragiletomorrow.com

Check 'em out. They're currently down in Carolina recording a new album.

BILL